Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Vision for my children....or What to do next?

Lately I have been so busy...physically, mentally, emotionally...

So, this morning I decided to sit down and get control back. I prayed for direction with our days. I prayed for peace in our house. I prayed for strength to do what we do. I am feeling energized now. Whew...

So, where am I going? What are we doing? How are we doing it?

I feel like first of all, we need direction with our time. I am NOT a schedule person, but thrive on a routine. So, back to a routine we go. With Jesse on nights and the addition to out family this past winter, out routine has gone to the wayside. It has been a survival mode sort of spring. And I am ready to have some thriving going on!

Our summer routine is something like this...

Wake up, morning chores, bible time, breakfast, a little school for a few more weeks. Then fun time, lunch, naps, errands or more playtime. Then we make dinner, clean up the daily explosions around the house, eat, hang out with Daddy, read together, prayer time, and then bedtime. I am fine with a little organized 'chaos' so long as we get the house clean and we are all happy!

I am re-teaching the children their chores and giving them some new ones. This is always a LOT of work, but so worth it! I don't really know when I slacked on the kiddos chores, but boy did I. So, back to responsibility we go! Maybe I will buy those No Greater Joy Responsibility DVDs...I am pretty sorry at the whole teaching how to clean and do thing...but it always pays off...maybe I can bribe Jesse into helping with this...hmmm...

It is school time now so off I go with my energized self!

No comments: